Monday, June 05, 2006

Been a while...

Having class from 9-5 on Saturday only means one thing is for sure... knitting time! :op I'm not sure if my teacher is real fond of the idea, but she hasn't said anything so... *shrug* We were doing this problem assessment exercise at one point on Saturday and I used my knitting as an example. :op I said that when I'm tired in class I use knitting and doodling to stay focused. If I have something to do with my hands I'm more likely to retain the lecture. But if I just sit there and listen, I'll get about half of it, if that much. :o)

So I worked on my sock in class this past weekend and yesterday as I sat on a lounge over at my brother's house with the children running around like maniacs, I finished it. YAY! I'm quite proud of the sock, but the thought of doing the whole process again for the second sock is sort of an unhappy thought. :o) I did however buy circular needles to try socks on in the future. Picture later when I'm not at work. :o)

I finally managed to go into a Hobby Lobby this weekend. It's pretty much a big crap store, but some of the sections were nice. I was quite pleased with the yarn/knitting area. Plus I found interchangeable circular needles... hello! I'd seen the $70 kit at Michael's before but had no idea that they sold interchangeables as singles! I was quite happy at the discovery.

I began a Mason-Dixon warshrag but will probably rip it out. I've got the process down now, but I was using needles that were too big, and I was using Sugar & Creme instead of Peaches & Creme because that's all I could find. :o( Nice yarn, but I think it's too thick for this project. What I really want to do is start one of the log cabin blankets. Maybe a baby one for nephew #2 who will be making his debut appearance in October. :o)

Oh and I also started (as in I casted on and then put the needles down lol) a bag that will most likely be my mom's. It's a bag I made a post about a while ago... got the ribbon yarn for it for a buck a roll... :o)

Fabulous quote from my Ravyn yesterday. She's 6 and was sitting with my baby brother Brian who is 10: "Aunt Kellie is working on a crazy sock. When she finishes something, she picks up somethine else and starts it right away!" Hehe yeah that's about how I am with knitting lately. :op

Anywho... that's about all for now. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home