Monday, August 14, 2006

It's official...

I've finished my first pair of socks. :o) Wee! It wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be (thank you Kristi for encouraging me to try it and for sending me to Rae's shop for a user-friendly pattern!). No pictures yet, but once I have the chance I'll post one. The second sock isn't nearly as perfect as the first one was (and I use the term "perfect" loosely, but whatever these are my first socks!), but I'm happy with the set.

I'll definitely be trying circulars for my next set of socks through and I want a pattern that isn't so short on the leg this time too. :o) If anyone has any links to good online patterns for toe up with circulars, point me in the right direction! :o) I have a few from Knitty printed out that I'd like to try, but I'm always happy to add more patterns to my stash. I love the look of rpm and will tackle it some day. And this Universal Toe-Up Sock Formula looks like an interesting article to read although the fact that two people in the picture are wearing socks with thong flip flops frightens me greatly. *prints it for later reading*

After finishing my sock I, of course, put both of them on and cheesed at the fact that I'd made socks and they actually fit. Then it was back to the world of garter stitch and endless blocks of color on the Moderne Baby Blanket. I'm so over this pattern. I love it, I really do. But yeah... bored! I'm still on block 6 and the intarsia parts that are forthcoming still scare me. Someone in the Mason Dixon KAL did the blanket using thicker yarn and bigger needles and it turned out wonderful. I'm jealous because I'm sure if I'd thought to up size I'd be done with this bad boy by now. I seriously need to kick some butt on this blanket though because Heather's shower is in 2 weeks so of course I'd love to have it done by then. Plus school starts back up on the 30th, so it'll be back to homework and less time to knit. *cries* In addition, the sooner I get the blanket done, the sooner I can work on other stuff without guilt! :o) I fully intend on being "that girl at SHU who knits between classes and on the bathroom breaks." LOL If any of my teachers will allow me to knit in class this semester I'll do that too. :o)

I so can't wait to meet Devin in person. :o) I was playing with the kids yesterday out at my dad's house and was watching Wesley and thought, "how in the world can we have another one who tops this one?" Wesley is the cutest most amazing little shit. Of course I thought that about my baby brother Brian and he's almost 11 now. *SIXTH grade this year... gasp* :o) But yeah, I'm very ready to hold my new nephew and love all over him. :o) Plus if the people at the hospital clear it, I get to be in the delivery room this time. Yay! Heather's going to have a section though and technically there's only supposed to be one extra person in the room, but because both Craig and Heather work at the hospital they might let me be in there too, we're supposed to check with the guy whose title I can't spell LOL He's the Epidural Man. :o) If he says yes then I'm in apparently. :o)

Anywho... I should wrap this up because I'm not supposed to be doing this right now. Shhh! :o)

Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger aija said...

Congrats on the first pair of socks, its so addicting! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home