Thursday, August 03, 2006

*yawn*

I've been at work for over three hours and have had nothing to do. So I played with my sidebar and added buttons for every blog that I read that has a button. I'd make a button for my blog but I don't have any graphics programs here at work because we suck like that here.

I'm so bored. My knitting is in my purse in my cubby and I can hear it calling me. "Oh Kellie... please come play with me! You know you want to knit!" Yeah, not til lunch though. Maybe I'll actually get some work to do before then. *yawn*

I'll be "Up North" this weekend... looking forward to looking around the LYS in the village where my grandparents grew up. :o)
The Yarn Market is just up the street from where we'll be staying for the weekend and conveniently placed in the shopping center where we do our grocery shopping when we're in town. Yay!

I really want to make the Nina Shawl from Mason-Dixon Knitting for my sister, but the whole intarsia thing scares me. I need to learn it anyway for the last bits of the Moderne Baby Blanket, but yikes! In the meantime I'm going to make her a shawl that's much easier and quicker. :o) No pattern yet, no yarn either, just the idea. :o)

Holy crap I have a file to type... guess I should go!

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to play with making your own button - you can usually download 30 day free trials of photoshop and adobe and such - thats what I did (http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Products/Display&pfid=1047024307383&pid=1047025487586&cid=1047025488099&trkid=googlepsp&trkid=15646653) and then when the time is up you can decide if you want to purchase the program. I obtained the dimensions of the size button I wanted, plugged it into the program, and played around until I got something that came close to what I wanted - I'm no graphics artist thats for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home