Sunday, June 11, 2006

Easy like Sunday Morning

So last night after realizing it was WWKIP day I gathered up my knitting in my trusty Kermit bag and went out to my Starbucks. I spent about 3 hours (maybe 2.5) there and began my first Moderne Baby Blanket. I'm already a big fan of the basic pattern of this blanket. I'm capable of doing projects with more detailed directions, but they drive me nuts because I like to be able to knit without thinking. :op

Anyway... I'm using Lion Brand's Micro Spun because it's what I had in my stash and because it's deliciously soft and washable. I have no intention of making a blanket out of something that can't be washed. LOL I'm also using size 7 needles instead of 6 like the book says because for some reason I don't own any size 6 needles. :op Right now I only have two colors, but I'm pretty sure what the other two will be. I have Lime, and Black right now and if I recall correctly there is also a really funky bright orange, purple, pink, and blue to choose from in this yarn. So it's going to be very bright and funky. I'll have to see the colors together though before I decide on the other two. I keep telling myself that I won't go buy the yarn today but yeah... what good is an afternoon of hanging out and shopping with a best bud if you can't go to a store and buy yarn too? :op Then when Saturday is over and I am homework free until the fall, I'll be all set to knit. Woo!

I have a picture but I'm not sure where my cord is right now and my pc with the handy slot where I can just pop my memory stick into is currently sick thanks to my roommate. *groans and throws things*

Nevermind... found the cord. LOL Here's what I managed to get done so far.



The picture doesn't do justice for the color of the green, but oh well. :o) It's bright ass lime green. :o) Here's the swatch from Lion Brand's site... It's not a great picture either, but that bottom color is my green. :o)

2 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Micky said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Micky said...

The Yarn Harlot posted a pic of a finished fish blankie.
The site link is:

http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/
archives/2006/05/02/longest
_ever.html

Get rid of the spaces though. I couldn't get it to show up in the comment right any other way.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home