Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Not about knitting...

Since 1999 when I was doing an internship I have been a volunteer with Ele's Place. Ele's Place is a non-profit Healing Center for Grieving Children. Each week we run support groups 4-5 nights a week and serve 200 children between the ages of 3 and 18 in Mid Michigan who have expereienced the death of an important person or who currently know someone with a life threatening illness. We also run adult support groups for the parents/guardians of the children who are in our groups.

Click Me

I've worked with almost all of the different groups at Ele's Place over the years, but my true love is my current group which is the Pre-School/Kindergarten group on Wednesday nights. I've been this groups co-leader since 2000 which means I plan the groups and activities. The children in my group are 3-6 years old and are some of the most amazing people I've ever met. :o)

The groups that we provide are open-ended, meaning that a family can attend Ele's Place for two weeks, or two years, it's completely up to them. The groups are also provided at no cost. A few hundred volunteers like myself donate their skills, time, and hearts to the families each week in order for the program to work.

In order to provide this amazing resource though, we need people to donate money to help fund our program. This is where you will hopefully come in.

On July 23rd I'll be participating in the 2006 Ele's Race and I'm currently raising donations. So... I'm begging you to give something... anything! If you can give 50 cents, 1 dollar, or 100 dollars... anything you give will be put to good use.

Puhleeeeeese go to my personal race website and make a donation, then pass the link on if you feel compelled to do so. You can donate via Debit or Credit immediately at the website. If you'd prefer to mail a check or cash, contact me and I'll give you an address to mail a donation to.

Donate Here or copy and paste the link below:
http://ElesRace2006.kintera.org/kelliekel?faf=1&e=630718340

I'm soooo serious when I say you can donate a dollar... if that's all you can spare, that's cool. Just donate. I'm begging. And I'll keep begging until July. :o)

Thank you if you've made it this far in the post, and thank you if you take a moment to give to these kids.

All my hugs,
Kel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home