Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

I'm currently having an alergic reaction to the massive amounts of cat hair that my youngest furchild has so graciously deposited around my bedroom. I'm in my bedroom because I'm also in one of my Dysthymic funks and I don't want to see or talk to anyone including the roommate so I'm watching Prison Break on fuzzy non-cable tv and sneezing every few minutes while trying not to rub my itchy eyeballs out.

Mom had a cookout today which I was fabulously cranky for. Everyone seemed to be talking at once and on hyper mode and it was driving me nuts. I'm sure I snapped at my mom at least once and several times I wanted to get up and just go home when Sheila made snarky comments in my direction. I'm sure the bulk of this is because I'm functioning on less than my usual dose of meds thanks to my current financial situation (and yes I know that's not a good thing, no lecturing please), but it's also part stress too. Stress of hating my job, being back in school, needing to buy four more text books and my meds refill but not having my financial aid yet so I can't buy any of them, my mother's current situation, and everything else that's going on now. Blah is the word of the day/week/month.

I logged on because I feel like if I don't get some creative writing done I'm going to explode soon. But now that I'm sitting here in front of the screen I don't want to do it. I did manage to get some knitting done on Devin's blanket this weekend in the car on the way to Auburn Hills and back as well as at Mom's. I also did some reading, albeit not school reading like I should have done. I'm currently up to chapter twenty of The Mermaid Chair. It's not my favorite read, but it's keeping my attention thus far and I'm curious about what's going to happen.

I really need to get up and take another benedryl and grab my chord for my camera. Maybe in the short trip I'll also find my muse and will get some writing done tonight, but we'll have to wait and see about that. Knit photos soon if Blogger isn't a weenie and lets me upload tonight.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your dysthymia - hopefully it's just a temp mood funk - we lifted our bed the other day to vacuum under it and found another cat with all the fur - take care of yourself and medicate, medicate, medicate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home